SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process and techniques used to allow your website to appear on the first pages on any search engine. The ranking of the results shown on search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing depends on how good and efficient your SEO is. I will spare you all the technical details about how to improve your SEO, you can leave that to me, but here is a useful video from SearchEngineLand.com that explains very well what SEO is all about:
How do Search Engines like Google rank Websites?
Search Engine Optimization is all about impacting how visible your website is in a search engine’s organic results. To improve your ranking, not only you will need to make changes to your site’s technical setup, but also to the content on your pages.
The search engine algorithms sort, search and store the best and most relevant content. Content is probably the single-most important factor in search. Content is judged based on its originality, depth, organization, titles, descriptions, relevance to readers, quality of language, quality of writing style, and overall utility and usefulness.
How do we create content that really works?
- By defining your goals and your website’s purpose: Do you want to inform, educate, sell, raise brand awareness?
- By answering questions, your users might ask about your business, products or services. Your content should be useful and educational for your target audience.
- By writing original, unique and high-quality content. Copy-pasting will hurt your ranking, so be creative and don’t forget to update your website often.
- By creating valuable content for your target users, that is both share-worthy and link-worthy.
- By organizing your content in categories, titles, sub-titles, and relevant page-links. That will make it easier for search engines to find the information and therefore, rank it well.
- By using keywords related to your business and industry but without exaggeration. Keep in mind that you are writing for humans, not machines.
Stand out from the digital crowd!